Monday 14 May 2018

Petal Palette shutter cards



When I shared the gatefold card in my last post, I mentioned I'm was through a bit of a shutter card & gatefold card phase, thanks to my stamping bestie, Kellie.  So today I'm sharing the shutter card project I made for my ladies only-Mother's Day class last in April, that I cased to make that gatefold.
As an extra treat I'm also sharing a shutter card Kellie made for (lucky) me. Lots of photos ahead so let's get started.


This time I've teamed the beautiful rose image & sentiments from the Petal Palette - Petals & More stamp & die bundle with the same Painted with Love striped dsp and square eclipse style panel you saw on the gatefold card. 


The rose image on the front & inside are stamped in Memento black ink & coloured with rich razzleberry & old olive Stampin' Blends alcohol markers& topped with clear Wink of Stella. This is such an easy image to colour.

The fun really happens inside the card, as the shutter-aperture movement opens as the card is opened to reveal the sentiment. Nifty, huh! I've used a pretty heart print paper (also from Painted With Love dsp pack) and another rose inside to carry the theme through.


Here's a closer look insideso you can see the lovely sentiment I used, from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set... and lots of Wink of Stella.


Before I forget, this space on the back of the card leaves lots of room for a lovely message.


and a different look...

I didn't fully finish the card I was making in class, so I decided to mix up the same supplies when I finished it later.


This time I coloured the rose with a new colour Stampin' Blends marker I was lucky to receive at Onstage - Lovely Lipstick (coming in June) . One colour is not reeeally enough to create a good colour range, but thanks to a tip from a colouring course I did a while ago, I used grey (in this case my smoky slate Blends) with the light lovely lipstick marker to create some shading. Here's a closer look.


I also swapped the sentiment, and square mat for a circle - from the same Stitched Shapes set, and cut two of the intricate banner shapes to back the sentiment piece.


Here's a closer look at the shutter panel. I swapped out the sentiment here for another lovely one from the Petal Palette set. You can see the pretty pink rose colour better in this one.


And one more... made by Kellie

I thought you might like to see the beautiful shutter card made for me by Kellie, that started me on the path to shutter card obsession. You can clearly see how I was inspired by Kellie's colour choices and Painted With Love dsp. It even came in a matching dsp envelope so I felt even more special.


Inside, Kellie used the retiring Just Add Text stamp set.  


Check out Kellie's Instagram account if you'd like to see more of her work.

If you'd like to try making your own shutter card, have a look at this you tube tutorial to get you started. My measurements are a bit different but you'll get the idea of how the shutter mechanism works. If you like these cards & would like me to make a shutter card tutorial for this version, leave me some comment love to let me know.

I have more shutter and gatefold cards to share, but they'll have to wait until next time, as dinner must be made.

Thanks for visiting today & pop back soon for lots more ideas. If you'd like to make your own version of my shutter cards, you can see & shop for the supplies you'll need, below. Please note that the extra supplies needed for Kellie's card are listed after the Big Shot on the list.

Until next time, inky wishes & happy stamping,
Di

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300500

Project Supplies




To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.

Notes: - Painted with Love DSP pack & Just Add Text stamp set available while stocks last only, or until 31 May.
- Petal Palette stamp & die discounrted bundle only available until 31 May 2018
- Celebrate You dies not available to order until 1 June 2018.

Additional Supplies to make Kellie's card listed after Big Shot


Product List
Big Shot
$159.00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful cards and I would love to see a tutorial
from you. Very nice design.
Kate