Friday 9 March 2018

JAI 399 Just add water - Watercolor wings



Can you believe we're up to challenge 399 at Just Add Ink and it's apparently March already!! Time flies! This week Chloe's challenged us to Just Add Water.


My first thought was to do some watercolouring but then I remembered the Watercolor Wings stamp set & my love of butterflies took over. This is what I made.

 

I wanted the butterfly to be a bold focal point so I stamped it in so saffron, calypso coral & night of navy inks. It's also popped it up on a layer of vellum with dimensionals between layers for extra fluttery-ness.

I teamed it with the gorgeous scripty 'celebrate' (in navy coated with Wink of Stella) from the free Sale-a-bration Celebrate You dies (but only until 31 March!). To give this more visual weight, I mounted it on a silver foil & wasabi banner.


I thought the leafy foil paper in the free SAB Springtime Foils DSP pack would make a lovely backdrop. I watercoloured the leaves with pear pizzazz ink & an aquapainter & used some light & dark pool party & Color Lifter Stampin' Blends to partially colour the background.

I added more texture with a leafy die cut from the Petals & More die set (part of the Petal Palette bundle currently).

I kept it simple but coordinated on the inside with another butterfly & more foil paper.


So, that's how I added water this week.  Head over to the JAI blog to see all the different ways everyone added water. We'd love you to play along with us too. You'll also want to set a reminder for next week too, as we have a very special celebration planned.

Thanks so much for visiting today. Leave some comment love if you enjoyed seeing my card & pin it for future inspiration too. Mwah :)

Inky wishes, Di

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300010

Remember to get all your Sale-a-bration freebies now before Sale-a-bration ends, or your favourite items run out - everything is while supplies last only.


Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.Note: Celebrate You dies & Springtime Foils DSP pack are only available free with purchase (of $180 & $90 respectively) during Sale-a-bration (until 31 March). Celebrate You dies will be available again separately when new annual catalogue releases in June 2018. See all your free Sale-a-bration options here



Aqua Painters
$20.00
Big Shot
$159.00

5 comments:

Rachael Lewsley said...

What a lovely, sweet card Di! Watercolor Wings is perfect for the challenge x

Eva said...

This is so beautiful..I love the butterfly colors so much!!

KimB said...

That striking butterfly is bold and distinct floating easily above all those lovely blue/ green foliage and background tones. I love the contrast Di! xxx

Tina said...

That butterfly is amazing, definitely fluttering above the gorgeous foil background!

Lou said...

I love that bold butterfly Di - it has the perfect amount of flutteriness! Another fabulous card inside and out!