Tuesday 13 December 2016

Star of Light 4 - inlaid embossing


Today I'm sharing my last Star of Light card for now. I wanted to create a different look so I thought it would be fun to use the die cut stars with the inlaid embossing technique. If you haven't tried this technique yet you must, as it's so easy to do & creates such a fantastic look, like patterned fabric or a quilt. I've included simple instructions below too.

Here's how my card turned out.


It wasn't the quickest of my Star of Light card collection to make but it was certainly fun & didn't take long to make once I figured out the star layout. One point of the star is longer than the others, so I had to change the orientation of that point when I laid them out so the pattern would align nicely.

I needed to cut 11 cut stars to make the pattern & was able to use some pieces that overlapped the edge to fill in small pattern spaces at other edges.

Here's a closer look  to see the inlaid embossing & sparkly details. The little glimmer stars are another die from the Starlight dies in the bundle.


I kept the rest of the card very simple, adding a sparkly banner & sentiment from Star of Light too. On the inside I added another sparkly star & two sentiments, also from Star of Light.


 So, what do you think? Do you like this idea? Are you ready to give some inlaid embossing a go? Do leave a comment as I love to hear what you think.

As promised, here's my instructions to try inlaid embossing for yourself. See more of my inlaid embossing projects here too.

Inlaid embossing Technique


Supplies needed: Cardstock/patterned paper; die cut or punched shapes; adhesive, tightly patterned textured embossing folder. Embossing folders with deep, repeating patterns work best. I used the Elegant Dots embossing folder here.

Instructions:
  1. Adhere die or punched card or paper shapes onto a piece of cardstock card, in your desired design.  You can overlap layers but try not to overlap more than 3 layers, especially when using cardstock.
  2. Place your card piece into your embossing folder & emboss using your regular embossing folder sandwich. This is when the magic happens - the embossing compresses the pieces together so it looks like one patterned piece.

    I'm sure you'll have lots of fun trying different ideas using this technique so try it soon.

Get your discounted Star of Light stamp & die bundle

I hope you've enjoyed my Star of Light card collection. If you love Star of Light as much as I do, get it while it's bundled at at 10% discount. Available until 3 January only. Here's a reminder peek of what you get in the bundle. You can see & order it in my store using the supply links below.


Thanks for visiting today. Remember to pin before you go & get creating. I'll be back soon with more ideas for you.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.


Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: