Saturday 10 December 2016

Christmas Star of Light 1 - so simple

Star of Light was my absolute love at first sight bundle of this Holiday Catalogue for so many reasons; the gorgeous star, swirl & sentiment stamps in the Star of Light set, plus the intricacy & flexibility of the dies in the coordinating Starlight dies. It's way overdue for some blog love though, so I'm going share projects using it over the next few posts.

This bundle gives endless possibilities from simple to very intricate. First up I'm sharing some super simple cards you can so make in plenty of time for Christmas, starting with a couple in a possibly unusual combination of crumb cake, soft suede & copper, which I absolutely love.


You can't get much more minimal supply than this & so quick - you'll have you cards done in no time!
I started with a crumb cake card base stamped in soft suede ink with the super swirl (as I call it), gorgeous scripty Merry Christmas, & die cut & stamped star. Then, I stamped the star image in soft suede on whisper white, cut it out & added a copper foil (swoon) intricate star on top. Some bling & clear Wink of Stella (WOS) finished it off.
Tip - use WOS sparingly on top of stamping, as it can blur the image, as it did here little, if you look closely (please don't :) ).

I carried the swirl to the inside & added some individual stars (lovely to use on their own too) & sentiment.  Quick & easy but very elegant I think. Of course you could make this in any colour combination you fancy.


This version has a very similar swirl layout but I also added some individal stars to the mix. I cut 3 copper foil stars & mounted them on dimensionals. Oh how I love that copper foil. It has such a beautiful warm colour & gives the crumb cake & soft suede a lovely warm look.


Note: I don't think the large star should have the circles showing (they're die ejection holes) but both my Big Shots are quite tight & wouldn't cut the copper foil without leaving them, so I've embraced the circles as part of the design. Here's a head on view.


Leaving crumb cake for a mo, here's a super simple & elegant card in my favourite pool party & bermuda bay combination. It's pretty much a total copy of this brilliant card by the equally brilliant Lyssa Zwolanek as I thought Lyssa's layout was so perfectly balanced & beautiful that it needed no adjustment.


Again, it's super simple - just stamps, ink & card. I stamped the white layer stamped in pool party & bermuda bay, then mounted on a pool party base.  There's lots of Stella on this one too....& for some reason it didn't bleed like on the crumb cake.

Star Tip: the large star is partially coloured in & you might think I used a marker or blender pen, but no! There's a sold stamp in the Star of Light set that colours those sections in just one stamp - brilliant!  It's so easy to place too since the stamps are clear photopolymer.


On the inside, I added a trail of stars combined 2 sentiments. The edge stars are pool party & sentiment is in bermuda bay. Do you love this one as much as I do?

I have lots more projects to share next time, so pop back soon. Thanks for visiting today.
Remember to pin for later inspiration too.

Inky wishes, Di

Get your Star of Light discount bundle now

You can get the Star of Light bundle, including both the stamps & dies at a 10% discount until 3 January, but you'll want them now to get your Christmas projects finished. After 3 January, 2017 they Star of Light stamps & Starlight Dies will be available separately at no discount.

It's a little hard to see the beautifully detailed in the Holiday Catalogue so here's a closer look. Click on this pic for a larger view.



Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.


Star of Light - crumb cake

Big Shot
$159.00

Star of Light - simple pool party
Print Recipe

No comments: