Thursday 17 November 2016

More quick & easy reindeer Christmas cards

Yesterday I shared some quick & easy Christmas cards using the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp & punch bundle & Wonderful Year stamp set. Here are a couple more using minimal supplies that you could easily mass produce before December comes.

First up, a trio of reindeers.


Here they are up close & personal.


The reindeer are crumb cake card stamped with early espresso ink & punched out. Rudolf's antlers are coloured with a soft suede marker & his nose is stamped in red with edges coloured with an early espresso marker. I can't resist adding a bow tie. The other reindeer antlers & nose are coloured with a crumb cake marker. Truth be told, I think I prefer my reindeer stamped in soft suede ink (like the cards in this post), but this give you another idea to try.

Next up, I made a four legged reindeer.


To me he looks like a cute baby reindeer. What do you think?  To make his body I punched two cookie cutter shapes; one in crumb cake & one in early espresso . I added some half circles for hooves (owl punch) & added a cute tail (fox builder punch). Here's his close up.


I finished off the card with some tiny punched hearts - a fab extra shape in the Cookie Cutter punch too. I layered about 3 shapes together to create some extra depth.


So, that's more quick ideas for you to try. Are you a Cookie Cutter Christmas fan yet? Lots more to share, but I'll finish for now. Until next time.|
Inky wishes, Di

PS: Remember to pin my cards for later inspiration


Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.




Break

1 comment:

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Di, you certainly have inspired me! I made 16 cards yesterday based on your gorgeous design - thank you!! And I just love your cute baby reindeer - so sweet and very clever! I am also loving that bonus heart in the cookie cutter punch - a really perfect mini size. Sherylee.