Friday 10 June 2016

JAI 315 sketch challenge - Sweet Cupcake

It's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink & this week Tina created this sketch for us to use.
I decided to flip the sketch like this. It's amazing what looking at things differently can spark.
and made a card using my brand new Sweet Cupcake stamp & die bundle:
I took some liberties with the element sizes & added a little banner but the sketch is there. The leaf shapes on the sketch had me scratching my head for a while but some sequins subtly fitted the bill. What do you think?

So, does that cupcake look yummy or what?
The Sweet Cupcake bundle includes more of our new photo realistic stamps, like Baby Bear. Both the cup & top include 3 stamp images to give that lovely detail and depth.
I stamped the cupcake top with flirty flamingo (best colour name ever), blushing bride & pink pirouette, & the base in pool party & soft sky. Of course I've added some Stella sparkle to the top & a few clear sequins for some subtle bling.
The 'sweet' word is also from the bundle - a breeze to cut using the Precision Base Plate with my Big Shot. See the supply list below for more info. I love how it reflects the handwriting font of the soft sky paper.
Here's one more peek from the side so you can see the layers. I love the softness of the vellum scalloped layer. I think I have a vellum obsession.
So that's all I have to say for now except thanks for visiting. Hope you liked my take on the sketch.
Leave a comment if you have any questions or just to say hi. Check out the Just Add Ink blog to see all the awesome ways the team have used the sketch & try it yourself. Hope to see you here again soon

Inky wishes, Di
PS: Before you go, here's a combined pic you can pin for later. Check out my Pinterest boards too.

EDITED 24 July 2016 - Same but different

I liked this design so much that I made it in June with my class lovelies too. I mixed up my card by using the reverse side of the text paper - a cute spot - & using the 'wish' die cut on the front & 'sweet' die cut inside.
Inside - I cut the die out, backed the negative with some flirty flamingo & added some more words from Sweet Cupcake.
What do you think of this version? Which one do you prefer?
Here's a combined image for you to pin for later.
Bye again from me, Di :)

Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


Big Shot
$159.00

5 comments:

Jan said...

So clever th flip the sketch upside down Di! I love your soft colours and touch of vellum and your yummy cupcake looks good enough to eat! xx

Sharnee Torrents said...

Oooo that Cupcake looks soooo sweet indeed!! A really YUMMY card and fabbo use of the sketch!
SMiles Sharnee :)

Christine Blain said...

Oh, this is SO pretty, Di! I love your colour choices, and the beautiful composition of your card. Just lovely. x

KimB said...

Di this is so appealing!! I love the colours - the vellum (can I join you in the fan club?) and that wonderful gleaming silver sentiment. You aced delectable with this one! xxx

Michelle said...

Found your card on Pinterest... Hard to choose between the two. I like the sequins on the first one, but I also like the "make a" banner, too. It adds a nice touch. Great cards!!