Thursday 19 February 2015

Special friends birthday butterflies

Two dear friends recently reached one of those 'very special' birthdays only a week apart. Since both lovelies are also cardmakers, they appreciate the love that goes into our projects so I wanted to make their cards super special. I chose a butterfly theme because you know I LOVE butterflies & was also desperate to try my new set of butterfly dies. (eeeeeep!) I intended to make 2 totally different cards but I loved the first one so much that I stayed with the same look for the second. This is what I made.
I started with the gorgeous Swallowtail butterfly stamp which I masked to add a soft text background (Dictionary). Then I decided the wing needed to go over the cotton ribbon on the left so I stamped another butterfly, cut it out & popped it on dimensionals. I added bea-u-tiful vellum & soft sky cut butterflies then a Swallowtail body & some pearls. The birthday sentiment from the coordinating Butterfly Basics stamp set coordinated perfectly.
I coordinated the inside with another butterfly & matching sentiments... & a number reminder (wink).
The finished front is a larger than normal card (approx 6 x 5-1/2 inches from memory) so I made a custom DSP envie with my Envelope Punch Board (of course).  Here it is with the pressie - also decorated with some more gorgeous butterflies & seam binding ribbon.
This card was the first version I made. As you can see, the butterfly is less angled, doesn't have the second popped layer, & the ribbons run horizontally. Otherwise, it's very similar. The butterfly ink colour is marina mist on this one.
I think that's all for now. Check out the supply list below to see exactly what I used, leave me a comment if  you'd like more info. Of course I'd love you to pin it, like or share the post if you liked the cards too. Until next time,
Inky wishes, Di

Product List
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

No comments: