Friday 6 February 2015

JAI 249 sketch challenge - masculine birthday

Hi there. Today I'm sharing a clean & simple masculine birthday card with you. This is my design team creation for Just Add Ink challenge 249, using this cool sketch.
I've been sick this week with a cold (what's with getting a cold in summer?!) but I really wanted to try the sketch so finally got to it yesterday. I thought it would work well as a masculine card so I went with that idea - everyone needs easy masculine cards, right?
I've stretched the sketch a bit & totally didn't notice the line going across it on my tiny printout, but I'm sure you'll see the main sketch elements. I was very literal with the hexagons but hey, I like hexagons :-) The main elements are the hexagon hive die panels - love that die. I liked how the Park Lane dsp looks peeking through the hexagons. The hexagon frame is mounted on navy give a border & more clean lines, then a crumb cake base. I think this works well as a masculine card - clean geometric lines, shapes & no fuss - easy!

I hope you liked my take on the sketch challenge. Check out the other DT creations & join the fun by trying the challenge yourself.
Leave me comment if you have any q's about the card or if you just want to say hi. I love hearing from you. Until next time.

Inky wishes, Di

Product List
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order. 

7 comments:

KimB said...

Di this is a brilliant masculine card! Love the DSP peeping through the hexagon die and spotlighting the sentiment with the overlaid navy hexagons is so effective! xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

That is such a great way to use both the die and the sketch Di. I love the simplistic design for a male card. xx

Jan said...

Wow, love the geometric look of your card with the DSP peeking through the hive Di. And great idea to flip the sketch too :-)

Unknown said...

great guy card-love the idea using the hexagon hives thinlits

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

I love the simple colour combo that you've used here!!! You've done a fab job with the sketch :)

Shona Chambers said...

I love hexagons too and I think this is a fantastic take on the sketch! I LOVE the white PP poking thru, those lines really stand out against the kraft and navy. Gorgeous, retro card!

Patrice said...

Di this is an awesome masculine card, and go your for managing to put it together while you weren't well. You make me feel so much better missing that line across the front too *wink*. I'm definitely pinning this one for future reference. x