Tuesday 11 June 2013

Bloomin' window frame card

Today's card was a bit tricky to photograph, but I'm sure you'll get the idea...& hope you like it.
I was playing with my Window Frame framelits back in February (I know!) & thought it would be fun to make a card with a transparent window.  I cut a window in a square card front & a smaller window in the cut-out piece, to attach to the inside of the card after adding a square piece of transparent window sheet. Then I cut 2 more windows with baja breeze card, pierced the largest piece with the matching piercing template & layered them together. Finally, some stamping for the front & inside, using the pretty 'Bloomin' Marvelous' Sale-a-bration set. You can see the transparent frame better in this shot. Don't look too close though - I went a bit crazy with the snail on this version. FYI, it's much neater with small drops of tombow liquid adhesive
I really liked how it turned out, so I decided to make it in one of my March classes. You could try this idea with any sets of nested shapes. If you'd like any other info about the card, just leave me a comment.
Thanks very much for visiting. Until next time...
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous (SAB only)
Card/Paper: calypso coral, baja breeze, whisper white card, transparent window sheet, Patterns DSP - in colour 11-13
Ink: calypso coral, baja breeze, lucky limeade ink pad
Accessories: basic rhinestones
Tools: Big Shot, Window Frame Framelits, Festive paper piercing pack, piercing mat, Bitty Butterfly punch

1 comment:

Nikki Stalker said...

This is gorgeous Di.

Nikki