Saturday 10 December 2011

Simply Snow Swirled

Hello again. Today I have some simple cards to show you, using one of my all-time favourite Christmas sets - Snow Swirled. First up... this was the make & take at a Christmas themed workshop for Kim - a lovely new stamper - in September.
Most of the ladies were new stampers too, so I kept the card simple, with some quick, easy & effective techniques.  I thought these might be useful to share  for new stampers out there...or old stampers like myself who could use them for my own Christmas cards too, which I wish were done already! So here they are...
1. Simple colour scheme - monochromatic schemes always work - two colours plus a neutral - pool party, island indigo & white in this case
2. One stamp set - Snow Swirled is great as it includes co-ordinated images plus 2 sentiments that can be used on the front & inside the card.
3. Two colour tree - ink up with the lightest shade (pool party), sponge dauber stars with deeper colour (island indigo), then stamp.
4. Punched sentiment - no straight stamping required - Just stamp & punch it out - I used the beautiful decorative label punch here & layered it under the matted tree.
5. Embossed background - I still get a wow every time I emboss a piece of card. The petals a plenty folder I used here is great for Christmas & all year round. Don't have a Big Shot (yet!) - just stamp the background with a co-ordinating star stamp in the same colour ink as the card.
6. Add some bling - Add a little (or a lot), especially for Christmas. I sprayed the embossed background panel with a shimmer spray made with champagne shimmer paint & Isocol. I also gave the stars on the tree more bling, with some dazzling diamonds attached with 2 way glue.
Hope that helps someone!

I also showed a matching gift card folder at the workshop but alas it seems to have gone for a walk. If I find it, I'll post with the second workshop project!

I made some more new quick & easy Snow Swirled samples to show the ladies at the workshop, which I'll show you too...
This one is even quicker than the workshop version, made with olive & razzleberry card. I just wanted to show how easy you can change the colour scheme. The embossed panel is very sparkly IRL too!
This one is an updated version of this old favourite of mine. I used olive & razzleberry again, this time with some Patterns DSP, spotted scallop ribbon & some basic rhinestones
And one more..
This is one of my favourite new colour combos - pool party, island indigo & certainly celery...& you'll be seeing it again soon.
Well, that all from me for now. I'll be back with the second project from Kim's workshop next time.
Inky wishes, Di
PS: Any questions, just ask!

Supplies: All SU unless stated
Kim's workshop M&T
Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card/Paper: pool party, island indigo, whisper white
Ink: pool party, island indigo
Accessories: dimensionals, champagne mist shimmer paint, Isocol (to mix with shimmer paint to make shimmer spray)
Tools: Big Shot, Petals a Plenty embossing folder, decorative label punch, sponge dauber, spray bottle (non SU for shimmer spray)

1 comment:

H2 :) said...

All gorgeous cards Di. Love your colour choices. Snow Swirled is a beautiful set - don't know how I resisted it for so long. :)