Monday 10 October 2011

Pennant Parade Birthdays

Hi there!
Today, I have a couple of birthday cards to show you, made back in August with some of my pre-ordered new catty goodies, including the new Pennant Parade stamp set.
In Colour Pennants
click on pic to see a bigger version
This card was my first play with some yummy new in-colours - pool party, island indigo, calypso coral & lucky limeade...& I reeeeally like them!
It's a very simple layout, especially when both pennant styles can be punched out with the matching pennant punch (love!). The little star I used for the bottom panel comes from the same set. the happy birthday is a fave from the 'Party This Way set. I didn't have any new colour ribbons when I made it, but I think the old olive grosgrain worked in well.

Bring on the Cake
click on pic to see a bigger version
I made this card for another friend of Cara's who had her 11th birthday in August. The layout is the same, but I used some new striped Bring on the Cake DSP for the pennants. Then I stamped some cute 'Itty Bitty Bits' images & punched & layered them on top. The colours are bright & fun...but alas my pic is not so bright! Like many cards this year, this one needed to include a gift card, so I decorated an inside pocket to match.
I'm sure you'll see lots more pennant ideas over the year, as the set has so many possibilities. Until next time, thanks for visiting & leave a comment if you'd like any more info on anything.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: If you love the new in-colours, you can get all 5 new ink pads & a pack of matching cardstock for just $56.95 (plus s&h) - that's a saving of $16.70 based on the normal individual cost.

Supplies:
In-Colour Pennants
Stamps: Pennant Parade, Party This Way
Card: pool party, island indigo, calypso coral & lucky limeade, whisper white
Ink: pool party, island indigo, calypso coral & lucky limeade ink pads & markers
Accessories: old olive grosgrain ribbon
Tools: pennant punch

Bring on the Cake
Stamps: Pennant Parade, Party This Way, Itty Bitty Bits
Card: crumb cake, whisper white, poppy parade, daffodil delight
Ink: poppy parade, marina mist ink pads, blushing bride marker
Accessories: 1/8 inch daffodil delight  taffeta ribbon
Tools: pennant punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (circle), 1/2 inch circle punch, word window punch, modern label punch

1 comment:

AJ said...

Love how you've shown off these stamps - great ideas.