Thursday 13 January 2011

Something new for Cathy

Hi again. Today's project is one I made for Cathy, a lovely Diamond Stampers team member whose birthday was yesterday. Happy birthday again Cathy! I know Cathy has received her card, so I can safely show it to you now.
To make it, I inked up the heart flowers & stem (from 'Love Defined') with celery & rose red markers & added some cute punched flowers ('Itty Bitty Shapes') & basic pearls. Both the set & punches are new to the Summer Mini. Then, a first for me - I added some ruffled taffeta ribbon. I was happily surprised to see this is really simple to do & looks very effective I think. You can see it closer here:
If you'd like to try a bit of ruffling yourself, take some taffeta ribbon & pull one end until it starts to fray & expose the threads. Pull a centre thread & the ribbon will start to gather up. Push the gathers up the ribbon until you get the effect & length you want. Then, attach to your project with extra strong tape to hold it firm.
Oh & before I go, here's the inside of the card, which has some more flowers - this time with dry embossed centres.
Hope you liked today's card. If you have any questions about anything else, just drop me a line or leave a comment. Back soon with....
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies:Stamps: Love Defined (Summer Mini), Perfect Punches, On Your Birthday
Card: rose red, pretty in pink, whisper white, Brights Patterns DSP (olive)
Ink: certainly celery rose red markers, old olive ink pad
Accessories: olive/white taffeta ribbon (retired), basic pearls, dimensionals
Tools: Itty Bitty Shapes punches,  2 x 1 3/8 inch xl oval punch

6 comments:

Sarah said...

So pretty Di! I am going to order that set once sale a bration starts. Love the ribbon effect. Have seen it before and have never bothered as I hate sewing....didn't realise you could just fray the end and pull it!! You are so clever! Thanks for sharing the tip. Will def have to give it a go. S xxx

KimB said...

HI Di :)

Its gorgeous!! Love how you used the heart flower stamp, and the ruffled ribbon was indeed the perfect touch. Cathy is a lucky lady!

Liam said...

Hi Di,

Just gorgeous work.

Liam

Louise said...

Wow, this is just so sweet! I wasn't going to get that stamp set, now I'm very tempted....you enabler!

Nikki Stalker said...

I love this card. The colours are gorgeous, the layout. Just beautiful.

Nikki

Ink Bug said...

Hey Diane,

Love the cards! And the ruffling of the ribbon is ingenious! I will have to give it a try.

Robin