Wednesday 24 February 2010

Tri-Shutter for Mum

Today, I have another tri-shutter card to show you. These seem to have become my go-to card when I need an extra special something. I made this one for my wee Mum's 80th birthday in November.
I used some beautiful Haiku DSP for this one, teamed with the main flower image from the 'Upsy Daisy' set. To get the graded colour on the flowers, I inked the whole flower stamp with so saffron, two thirds with more mustard & one third with tangerine tango & then stamped on very vanilla card. I attached filigree & celery rhinestone brads to old olive ribbon & wrapped it around the front panel. The '80' (from 'Short Order Numbers') is stamped in tangerine tango, the happy birthday (from 'Think Happy Thoughts) in old olive & punched You can see the layers better here.
Update: I've added one more pic, so you can see the full layout.
Anyway, hope you like it. I'll be back with another tri-shutter later.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, think Happy Thoughts, Short Order Numbers (Retired)
Card/Paper: very vanilla, tangerine tango, old olive card, Haiku DSP
Ink: so saffron, more mustard, tangerine tango, old olive
Accessories: old olive grosgrain, filigree brad, celery rhinestone brad
Tools: circle punches – ¾ inch, 1 ¼ inch 1 3/8 inch

2 comments:

Lesley said...

gorgeous card love the 'upsy daisy' stamp set can't wait for it to arrive on the UK market - best wishes Lesley x

Karen said...

They're both absolutely gorgeous Di! Love them! Can you believe I havent tried one of those cards yet! lol

Karen
x