Monday 19 October 2009

Bella Bleu Blossoms

I'm back with a card I made for a friend in August.

I wanted an elegant & peaceful look, so I thought my fave blues – brocade & bashful - would fit the bill & added some Bella Bleu DSP. The beautiful blossom image is from 'Thoughts & Prayers' & is stamped with bashful blue & brocade blue markers. The flowers are topped with Crystal Effects® to make them shine...& they're not messy IRL like they do in the pic.

I was happy to see that the greeting from Thoughts & Prayers fitted perfectly in my newest punch – the wide oval punch – you gotta love new punches! I think the rest is pretty self explanatory, but just let me know if you need any info.

Amazingly, this was my first play with 'Thoughts & Prayers', even though it was in my first new catty order back in April. Crazy I know! I was actually a little put off, as it's a double mounted set, (2 stamps go on either side of the block), but I finally got over myself & used it anyway. I'm pleased to say it wasn't as inconvenient as I thought....but I still much prefer single mounted ones.

Tip: To make using double mounted sets easier to use, stamp each image on vellum card with your stamp -a-ma-jig, so you can place the image perfectly when you want to.

Anyhoo, moving right along, I'll be back with more tomorrow.
Inky wishes
Di

Supplies
Stamps: Thought & Prayers
Cards/Paper: Brocade blue, bashful blue & very vanilla card, Bella Bleu DSP
Ink: brocade blue, bashful blue Stampin' Write® markers, brocade blue ink pad
Accessories: kraft taffeta ribbon, Crystal Effects®
Tools: wide oval punch, scallop edge punch

2 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

that's a very soothing colour combination & I hope your friend found some comfort in it at the time

Karen said...

Mornin' Di!

You definitely achieved a gorgeous peaceful looking card! Your work is just so beautiful and neat - LOVE IT!

Karen
x