Tuesday 4 November 2008

Going Baroque for Christmas SAS

As promised, I'm finally back with the first card from my last Christmas SAS on 25 October. The theme was making Christmas cards with non-Christmas stamp sets, so I HAD to bring back my beloved 'Baroque Motifs'. I teamed it with some Christmas greetings from the incredibly useful Christmas greeting set, 'Many Merry Messages' or great all-rounder set 'Occasional Greetings', chose some Christmas colours & voila! Is there nothing that swirl cannot do?

Everyone made 4 of these cards - 2 with a wild wasabi base & 2 with a real red base. Truth be told, I was initially going to use my preferred combo of ruby red & wild wasabi, but Kellie convinced me that real red looked great too....and she was demonstrating the card at the class, so I went with it! We got the dazzling diamonds glitter out again for the red flowers, except that I took pics of some un-glittered ones (sigh!)
These cards are so easy to mass produce. Something that will become even more attractive as we get closer to December! (eek!).Thought you might like to see this minor variation too. I like how the swirly 'peace, love, joy' greeting from 'Occasional Greetings' works so well with the Baroque swirl too & I really just wanted an excuse to use some real red ribbon.....and shhhhh, the greeting & flower are actually stamped in ruby red!
Just let me know if you'd like more information on any of these cards. I'll be back with the2nd SAS card, which I promise does not include real red or wild wasabi (not that there's any wrong with it!)
Thanks again Kellie for running the SAS class with me...& encouraging me to explore real red! :o)
Happy stamping to you all!
Di

Supplies
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Many Merry Messages, Occasional Greetings
Card: Real red, wild wasabi, very vanilla
Ink: Real red, wild wasabi
Accessories: real red grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Di... you are on FIRE!! These cards are beautiful!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

You really do like those Baroque Motifs....smiling from afar!