Saturday 25 October 2008

Jane’s joyful make & take


I'm back again with the card everyone made at Jane's workshop.The layout of this card was inspired one I saw in 'Impressions', our monthly Stampin' Up! Demonstrator magazine. Again, in keeping with Jane's red & green Christmas theme, the colours are wild wasabi, garden green, real red & very vanilla. I've also used the 'Season of Joy' stamp set (which has got to be one of the most flexible Christmas sets don't you think?). I must confess that I am soooo not a real read & garden green Christmas girl, so the colours were a bit a challenge for me initially, but thanks to Jane, they have grown on me – especially with the real red ribbon (right Kellie? J).
Here's another version with a slightly different take on the layout. The girls chose which one they wanted to make at the workshop. Which one would you have chosen & why? Leave a comment to let me know.Anyhoo, it's time for bed for me. I'll be back next time with a dashingly cute gift card folder I made for Jane. Stay tuned & happy stamping in the meantime.
Di J
Make it Yourself
  1. Stamp wasabi base with swirl stamp & wild wasabi ink.
  2. Stamp strip of real red card with swirl stamp & real red ink & attach to vanilla card as shown.
  3. Stamp 3 flowers from large greeting stamp & punch out with ¼ inch circle punch. Position on red piece.
  4. Stamp very vanilla piece with tree using wild wasabi ink & summer sun marker.
    Stamp a second tree on a scrap of vanilla card, cut out & mount on top of first tree.
  5. Stamp greeting in real red ink on very vanilla piece.
  6. Mat vanilla piece onto garden green piece.
  7. Knot real red grosgrain ribbon, wrap around piece & secure at back.
  8. Mount completed piece on wild wasabi base.
Supplies:Stamps: Season of Joy
Card: Wild wasabi, garden green, real red, very vanilla
Ink: wild wasabi & real red classic ink, summer sun stampin' write marker
Accessories: real red grosgrain ribbon
Tools: ¼ inch circle punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely choose the first one with the 3 flowers. Love the knot in the ribbon too. But where would I put a brad?

lovin' your Xmas ideas
Ngai

Chrissie said...

Fabulous Di... this set is definitely a versatile set! I love all you have done with these cards!

kareN stampZ said...

they're great & I'm feeling slightly deja vu as I use garden green & real red tonight in my home class (because I don't like garden green & I want to get rid of it bit it works!)

Kellie Jupe said...

The cards look great Di and you're doing a great job using real red!!!