Monday 29 September 2008

Merry Merry SAS


Happy Monday to you all! I'm back to show you the first of the cards we made at my Christmas card stamp-a-stack (SAS) on Saturday. Hi (waving) to everyone who came & a huuuuuuuge thank you to my dear buddy Kellie, who helped me to run the packed class. You're a legend!
All the stamps in this card from the funky 'Merry Merry' set, which I just got this month. I chose to use some more blues on this one, choosing blue bayou & soft sky. How I do love those in colours! It's very sparkly IRL, but hard to photograph (for me anyway - might have another go tomorrow!). I was really happy with how this turned out, so hope you like it too. I'll be back with a couple of other cards I made with this set on the way to this project.
In the meantime, happy stamping!
Di J
PS: Just a final reminder - Order 'Merry Merry' by tomorrow (e-mail me now!) & you'll also receive the 'All About Christmas' jumbo wheel free through the 'Free Wheelin' promotion. Bargain!
Make it yourself
  1. Score & fold card base (I like to make landscape cards so that the fold is on the side, rather than as a tent fold).
  2. Stamp whisper white strip (10.5cm x 6.6cm) with garland stamp in soft sky ink. Repeat stamp star/snowflake images in blue bayou ink.
  3. Mount stamped piece onto a blue bayou mat (10.5cm x 7.2cm) & attach to base as shown.
  4. Stamp 'Merry' greeting in blue bayou ink onto a whisper white strip (7.7cm x 3.4cm). Mat greeting onto a blue bayou strip (8.3cm x 4cm).
  5. Stamp large bauble in blue bayou ink on whisper white scrap. Use Aqua Painter™ & blue bayou ink to lightly colour inside of bauble. Cut out, leaving white border.
  6. Draw a vertical line on base with not quite navy stampin' write marker, to 'hang' bauble off.
  7. Attach merry greeting & bauble to base with dimensionals.
  8. Add glitter to greeting, bauble & selected stars/snowflakes, using 2 way glue pen & dazzling diamonds glitter.
  9. Stamp bauble or star image & greeting inside card.
Supplies:Stamps: Merry Merry
Card: soft sky & blue bayou card/ink, whisper white card
Ink: soft sky & blue bayou ink pads, not quite navy stampin' write marker (Earth Elements® pack)
Accessories: 2 way pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensionals
Tools: embossing buddy

No comments: