Monday 25 August 2008

Wallet for Dad’s day (with instructions)


Well I'm finally back with a new project to show you. This man's wallet is a project I've made for Damien for Father's Day & at two Fathers Day classes I've run this month. They are such a fun project & have been a huge hit with everyone at my classes, so I wanted to share them with you all too.I'd love if this was my own idea, but I actually first saw this one by Michele Force, which led me to the original by Lorri Heiling & this photo wallet by Jackie Topa & I've since seen lots more on Splitcoast too. I really loved the idea & so did my friend Kellie, so we got together and made one using the parts we liked from all three projects.
It's made completely of chocolate chip card (which I've found is hard to take pics of!). I pierced around the outside edges (which I find quite therapeutic) & added faux stitching with a choc chip marker. To keep the wallet closed, I attached a strip of card to the inside back of the wallet, & a punched word window to the front with brads. Both the word window & tab are also pierced & stitched. I stamped the 'Fathers Day greeting (from 'Occasional Greetings') in choc chip ink, on a scrap of choc chip card, pierced around it & distressed the edges with the edge of my scissors to give it more texture.
The inside of the wallet looks....well, like a normal wallet! It has a section at the back for a letter to the special dad, or as I'm going to do, a questionnaire about Damien that I'll get Cara to answer. You could of course include some cold hard cash (real or fake) if you like. On the left side, I made a transparent window section to slip in a pic of my gorgeous, cheeky & a bit toothless Cara with her Dad. On the right are two sections for holding greetings, certificates (for unlimited hugs or the like) or a store gift card, which I stamped softly with one of the 'Priceless' swirls.
A huge thank you to Lorri, Michele & Jackie for sharing their ideas & hope you all like Kellie & I's case too. I'll be back with another really simple Fathers Day card we made at the same class.

Bye for now & happy stamping!
Di

Edited: 3 Sept 2014 - PROJECT TUTORIAL ADDED


I've added the tutorial pdf to make my version of the wallet.
Download instructions here.

Note: please choose the download option to save the document - do not request a share. Thanks! Here's a quick peek of the doc. Don't save this. as it's just a picture, not the pdf.
Cheers, Di

Supplies: Stamps: Occasional Greetings Card & Ink: Chocolate chip
Accesories: vintage bradsTools: mat pack & piercer, word window punch, corner rounder punch, slit punch, sticky Strip (esssential for attaching inside & outside - trust me!

5 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Di, You did a wonderful job of making this wallet look so very real!! I love it - I never know what to do for a Father's Day card!! Will certainly tuck this idea away for the future. TFS!

Hugs, Jean

Chrissie said...

I love it... I am definitely making one for my DH... thanks for the inspiration!!!

Karen said...

Hey Di!! This is just absolutely FABO!! I had to look twice - it looks REAL! lol

Karen
xo

kareN stampZ said...

Hi congratulations I've nominated you for a blogging award - so visit me to collect it.

Karen xox
www.karenstampz.blogspot.com

PS love the wallet - you are a clever puss

Doris said...

What a great idea--and so realistic!