Thursday 12 June 2008

Unsure about this one

Ever had times when a card appears that you didn't expect. This is certainly the case with this one, as it looks nothing like the idea I started off with. I like it but don't love it & can't put my finger on exactly why. I debated with myself (a regular pastime) on whether to post it or not, but in the end, I'll let you decide! What do you think?

The colours I used are groovy guava, blush blossom & ruby red. The stamp images are from 'Boho Backgrounds' & 'Wonderful Words'. I'm sure you've also noticed the flower & rhinestone brad from my new 'Pretties Kit' too (yum!)

Little details ...

- I thought the stamped boho flowers needed a bit more texture, so I lightly sponged all over the piece & added more to the edges. I also sponged the edges of the torn vellum.

- In case you haven't seen the Pretties Kit yet (& you must!), a little bit of background on it. One of the 'pretties' included are lots of different shapes & sizes of white flowers, which you can colour to match the card you're making. No more searching for the perfect colour flower – yay! I picked a 6 petal flower to co-ordinate with the stamped boho ones. I coloured it by smooshing it with a sponge dauber & ink from the lid of a regular groovy guava ink pad. You can also use an Aqua Painter™, watercolour wonder crayons or markers to colour them.

- The ruby red flowers under the flower are made with the 5 petal punch. I wrapped each petal around the nib end of a pen to add some more dimension.

If you want to know more, just contact me.

PS: the sun has just come out in Sydney.....so let the laundry commence (sigh!)

Supplies:

Sets: Boho Backgrounds, Wonderful Words
Card: groovy guava, blush blossom & ruby red card, vellum paper

Ink: groovy guava, ruby red
Accessories: Pretties Kit – flower & rhinestone brad, ruby red brads, pop-up glue dots
Tools: 5 petal flower punch

No comments: