Thursday 19 June 2008

More berry bliss folder goodness

One of the things I love most about making these patterned paper gift folders are that they can look so different with just a change in paper. Here's another one I made with Berry Bliss designer paper.For this one, I used a sheet with a smart stripe & circle print on one side and monochromatic pink 'boho' flowers on the other. Even though the colours & layout are the same as this one, I think has a different feel...but that could just be me.The main colours in this paper are close to cocoa, pretty in pink & white. I used the 'Think Happy Thoughts' set for the front & inside motifs, as I like the way it reflected the circles in the paper...& I can't resist a cute flower that I can punch out! To close the folder & I used chocolate grosgrain ribbon & pretty in pink brads.This pic shows more detail of the front motif. On whisper white card, I stamped the greeting in close to cocoa ink & punched it out with the 1 ¼ inch circle punch, stamped the flower in pretty in pink ink & punched it out with the 3/4 inch circle. Then, I added a pink rhinestone brad (from 'Fire' pack) & raised the images on a base of pretty in pink & close to cocoa squares & a 1 3/8 inch pink circle.

Tip: If you're using striped paper & want the stripe to be vertical on the front of the folder (like this one), you must make sure the stripe is vertical when you make the first scores on the sheet.

EDIT Sept 2021: See & download my No Cut Patterned Paper Tutorial in this post

Hope you've enjoyed seeing all the different folders. I know I really had fun making them. I probably won't be able to post any more projects until next week now, as I have some busy days ahead, but I will be back. In the meantime, have fun & laugh lots!

Supplies:
Stamps: Think happy thoughts
Paper: Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper
Card: close to cocoa, pretty in pink & whisper white
Ink: close to cocoa, pretty in pink
Accessories: Fire rhinestone brads (pink) , Soft Subtles® brads (pink), chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon.
Punches: 1 3/8 inch square, 1 ¼ inch circle, ¾ inch circle, slit
Other Tools: paper piercer, dimensionals

1 comment:

Kellie Jupe said...

Hi Di, I love these folders and I really like it in this berry bliss paper. I really like the stripe going downward.